Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 5 Pro: Unlocking the bootloader on Xiaomi Phones such as Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro is quite long. Many people do not know the correct procedure for unlocking the bootloader of xiaomi phones and they end up bricking the phone. When you follow each and every step shown in this tutorial, you can easily get the bootloader unlocked on redmi note 5(Redmi 5 Plus) and redmi note 5 pro.
Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 5 Pro(Redmi 5 Plus)
Basically, you need a mi flash tool for unlocking the bootloader of redmi note 5 pro or redmi 5 plus. And there are certain steps which has to be followed for unlocking the bootloader on rn5 pro or redmi 5.
Before going through the steps of unlocking bootloader, lets go through the good and bad about unlocking the bootloader.
What is unlocking bootloader?
Most of the smartphones are manufactured with the locked bootloader. When device bootloader is locked, you cannot perform flashing tweaks.
There are few steps to get the bootloader unlocked. When the bootloader is unlocked, you can perform any number of tweaks on your smartphone.
Pros of Unlocking Bootloader:
- Flash Custom Recovery: After unlocking the bootloader, you can easily flash the custom recovery such as TWRP, CWM, etc.
- Rooting becomes easy: Rooting has many advantages. After the bootloader is unlocked on redmi note 5, you can easily root android using twrp.
- Install Xposed Framework: Again, xposed framework has its high level of tweaks which are really good. You can get xposed framework after unlocking bootloader redmi note 5.
- Flash Custom ROM’s: Many people does not like the stock experience of miui 9 and they prefer testing different skins. And this is possible by flashing custom roms and which is possible after unlocking the bootloader.
Cons of Unlocking Bootloader:
When you unlock the bootloader, the warranty will be void on your smartphone. This is the major con of unlocking the bootloader.
- Windows Computer
- Original USB cable
- Xiaomi USB Drivers
(Part1)-Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro or Redmi 5 Plus:
- You need to visit the official website of Mi Unlock from here.
- At the bottom, click on unlock now.
- It will redirect you to the login page.
- Fill the required details(login information).
- Once you have logged into mi account, again click on unlock now button.
- You shall be greeted with a form.
- Fill all the required details into the form.
- Select Apply Now.
- Now, they will verify your mobile number via OTP.
- Once it is verified, you will be greeted with another message saying that you have to wait few days to get unlocking permissions.
- Within 15 days, you shall receive an SMS saying that you can unlock the bootloader now.
- Now proceed with the part 2.
(Part2)-Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro or Redmi 5 Plus:
- First thing is to enable the OEM Unlock. To do so, go to settings and tap on miui version for 7 times. And then go into additional settings and go to developers action. And enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Download mi flash unlock tool. And also download redmi note 5 pro usb drivers.
- Open the mi flash unlock tool.
- Login with the credentials.
- MI flash unlock tool checks if your phone has got permissions or not. And if the permissions are granted then the tool will ask you to connect your phone.
- Power off your redmi note 5. Press Volume Down button and Power button for few secons. And the redmi note 5 pro will be booted into the fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer and click on “Unlock button”.(If the unlock button does not work then install the redmi note 5 pro drivers and try again)
- Now, in few moments, you will be greeted with a message saying that phone is unlocked successfully.
- Remove your phone and turn it on.
- Congratulations for unlocking the bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro or Redmi 5 Plus.
How to fix stuck at 50% while unlocking the bootloader of Redmi Note 5?
You just have to wait for few days and try again to fix the problem of stuck at 50%.
This is the simple method for unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and Redmi 5 Plus. I hope this guide has helped you to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 5 without getting stuck at 50%. If at all, you get any error then let us know in the comments area.